Friday, April 15, 2011

Clash of Two Musical Titans

and



CNN.com-Surprise singing sensation Rebecca Black may have her share of critics, but don't count the cast of "Glee" among them. In fact, the students of McKinley High will be performing her viral song "Friday" on an upcoming episode of the Fox series.

As Marquee previously reported, "Friday" is part of a $2,000 package Black's mother paid to Ark Music Factory, an L.A.-based production company for aspiring teen singers. The video, released on YouTube, has gone on to rack up more than 100 million hits — and just as many criticisms.
"Those hurtful comments really shocked me. At times, it feels like I'm being cyberbullied," says Black. "When I first saw all the nasty comments, I did cry ... I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best."
And with her song making it onto "Glee," it looks like the drama will end on a high note.
I should have seen this one coming.  With all due respect to the cast and fans of Glee, it is the softest show on TV.  I have heard guys say no, it's not gay to watch Glee, there are hot girls in it, I'm not buying it.  Now, Glee is embracing and celebrating the most pathetic song since R. Kelly's 12 part Trapped in the Closet .  Surprising? No.  Pathetic that Glee couldn't find a real song to sing and dance to? Up to you to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment